Where are you from? Have your surroundings shaped you in a creative sense, and in what way?
I’m from The Southside Englewood area of Chicago. Just growing up in Chicago and seeing all kinds of different shit it’s a lot of people out here with talent and have different styles. So of course it somewhat shaped putting my own style of creativity in my music expressing myself.
• What’s your background like? Where do you stand on the music scene in your area?
My background is pretty cool I wrote my first rap in 7th Grade but I actually started to take music serious my freshman year in H.S. (2012) when I actually recorded my first song. And as far as where I stand , i can’t say because it’s so many other artist working out here as well so i gotta keep grinding and doing my own thing. I can’t be worried about where I stand right now because I’m still working hard and i believe in hard work and faith.. It pays off sooner or later
• What did you start doing first, producing or rapping? How did you get started?
Rapping was actually first for me , I wrote and recorded my first song ever in 2012 and when I finished it I liked how I sound. So I let my family and friends hear it and they started supporting and rocking with me from the start.
•Do you have anyone that you consider your mentor? How has their help or advice shaped you?
Mostly my family and Mother, they’ve always told me nothing in life is free and even if I have to work hard in order to do the things I want to do then that’s what I have to do. Ever since I finally got that in my head I knew that’s what I’ll have to do in life with anything I choose to do especially if I expect to go far in this music game.
• What is one experience in life that, without it, you wouldn’t be the artist you are today?
Facing a 21-45 Year case back in 2015 was a major Experience for me. After being in that situation it really made me focus and go 10x harder with everything including my music not just for me but for my family as well because it can all be taken so fast and I seen it.
• What do you hope to accomplish this year?
Gaining more of an listening audience across the world and also perfecting my craft a little more as far as music producing, audio engineering etc.
• What does your work aim to say?
More of a Trap/Hip-Hop genre But In my own style, my aim is to also let listeners know I’m comfortable in my own skin and with what I do. I want others to get that same message and if some relate then they relate
• Who are your biggest influences and what do you like about them the most?
I have a couple influences as far as the people in my family and life. Their work ethic just motivate me to go Hard too
• How would you describe your own style?
Hip-Hop/ New Age Trap Type I guess , I can’t really describe my style..
• In what ways has your newest music changed from when you first started
My Newest music It changed by me growing older and experiencing certain things in life, that gave me more to talk about and to express it in my Music more than what I did first starting.
• What are the main inspirations for the lyrics you write?
My lyrics are based upon however I’m feeling at that moment or hearing a beat that really catches my attention
• What would be your dream venue in the future.?
Only time will tell but hopefully a big venue
• What’s a song you have stuck in your head these days?